Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nice to meet ya!

I am so glad you decided to check out my blog. Let me introduce myself. I am originally from Athens,Georgia
(Go Dawgs!)... Sorry, where was I? Right introducing myself. Okay, I married a man from Louisiana, and that is where we reside. I have three children, William 15, Lily 13, and Sadie 11...Oh, I nearly forgot about my fourth child, our four year old pickapoo named Bailey.
We recently bought a house in Athens, Louisiana(Ironic, right?)where I homeschool my kiddos. That's could be a whole blog in itself, but my main focus with Cottage 279 is going to be on our house, and all of its transformations. Which brings me to a confession. I eat,sleep and breath home decor! I guess you could classify me as Shabby-chic, because I love anything that's older than dirt. I collect old bottles, old picture frames, old windows... Oh, I recently discovered some old windows underneath our 1930 built cottage, and if I can salvage them from my totally opposite anti-antique appreciating husband(he wants to throw them in the burn pile), then I plan on making a coffee table for my "girls only" room. I'll explain that later.
Well, I have a lot of neat things I have already done to the cottage,
including an amazing makeover I gave my shelves for one dollar. You'll have to come visit my page later on to see the reveal.I have a lot of fun crafts, and might even divulge some recipes along the way, so I hope you'll keep up with me.
This is my first blog ever, so be patient with me.I promise to do better next time!!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Mandy! I so enjoyed that first post! Can't wait for your ideas, pics, and dialogue to go along with it all! Rachel M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the many typos!! In my defense, I was trying to cook dinner and blog at the same time. Note to self... Use the preview feature!! How embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO MANDYYY!!!! So happy you finally took the plunge & cranked up a blog! I cannot wait to see this come alive with the postings of your creativity. Now you just need a really GOOD CAMERA. I'm so excited for you and looking forward to following your new blog as you make your already lovely home even more lovely (and SHABBY)! Maybe one of these days I'll join you in this grand adventure of 'blogging' & invite you to do a guest post - in the very, VERRRY. Distant. Future. =) Have fun on this new journey, love ya! And, by the way, where is Miss Bailey's picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks girlie!! Don't worry, Baileys turn will come!! Lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete