Thursday, April 26, 2012

The ugly desk

As a rule I would definitely consider myself an optimistic, glass half full kind of a girl. If I do have complaints with others I pretty much keep them to myself, but like most rules there are always exceptions. One of those exceptions is going to a store, and running into that one employee who really shouldn't have even got out of bed that morning. Well, I had an experience like that yesterday when...
Actually let me first go back to last Friday, when my daughter and I were browsing in one particular store. I won't give any names, but the name begins with Good, and ends with Will.
Anyway, my daughter spotted this ugly, worn-out , not even made out of real wood desk. After about a half hour of hearing please,please, please and I promise if you buy this for me I will never ask you for anything else as long as I live I finally caved, and purchased this pitiful looking piece of furniture. Well after standing in the pouring rain, and turning this desk in as many positions you could possibly imagine I came to the realization that this wasn't going to fit in my little Honda. The clerk handed me a piece of paper, and said if I signed it then they could hold it for me until I could find another way to get it home. Okay, so now I would have to depend on my "always to busy fishing and hunting husband " to pick it up. This might take a while.
Well a few days went by, and my husband had been working late every
night, so we still hadn't got the desk.
That afternoon I received a phone call from a very rude manager, who told me if I didn't pick up the desk ASAP then she would put it back on the sales floor for resale.She also said that she would not refund my money, because all sales are final there! Can you believe that?? Well, she and I exchanged words, and long story short Phillip picked up the desk that evening.
Okay, we'll now we have this item that my daughter couldn't go on living without. Here, ya wanna see it?










Told you it was pretty shabby, and not in a good way. Okay now we had to pretty this thing up somehow, so I decided on some decoupage. We pulled some scrapbook paper off the shelf, and went to work.
We decided to get a little crazy, even put her initial in the center. Here's the results, not too shabby!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's too cute! Maddy was IN LOVE when I showed this to her. Way to go Miss Sadie (for begging your mama to rescue that poor desk, that is)! Mandy, ahem....Luggage. Piece. ????

    ReplyDelete